Thursday 11 October 2012

Less than a week to go....

I completed 'Swimming Home' fairly quickly though I did feel as a few others mentioned at our meeting in Nuneaton that it feels like a book that bears reading again. I had checked a copy out of the library and given its length will probably be able to do that after next week.

I enjoyed it and felt it was very lyrical in style. Bit of a shock to read in the Radio Times that it was initially self-published. Quite an accomplishment and proof that gems can be found in works not initially attracting a publisher.

I began 'The Garden of Evening Mists' today supplimenting my reading with its audiobook version offered by Whole Story Audiobooks via Audible. I am a big fan of Audible as it allows fans of the audio format to buy copies at a fairly low rate (subscription rate =£7.99) or less when they have sales. While often I am happy to wait until titles are offered at the library, with Audible often titles appear the same day as they are published in print.

I am loving the language of this novel. I've scheduled myself a weekend off of other commitments so that I can complete this and 'Bring Up the Bodies'. As a firm fan of Mantel and of 'Wolf Hall' I am having this for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment